Nassau County Car Accident Lawyers
Representing Clients in Car Accident Cases
Car accidents are the most common type of auto accident, and the most common type of personal injury claim. Car accidents can happen at any time and anywhere, and can cause severe injuries and even death. In the aftermath of a car accident, you may be left with mounting medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. You may be eligible to file a car accident claim to recover compensation for these and other damages.
Our Nassau County car accident lawyers at Sutton & Smyth, LLP have been serving the community for decades. We have the skill and experience necessary to effectively represent you and your family in a car accident claim. Our team understands the challenges you are facing, and we are prepared to help you fight for the full, fair recovery you are owed.
Types of Car Accidents
A car accident refers to a collision involving one or more vehicles, leading to damage to the vehicles and possibly causing injuries or fatalities to the individuals involved. These incidents can occur due to various reasons, including human error, environmental factors, or mechanical failures.
Common types of car accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions: Occur when one vehicle collides with the rear of another. Often happens in situations where the front vehicle slows down or stops suddenly.
- Head-on collisions: Involve two vehicles colliding front bumper to front bumper. Typically results in severe injuries due to the direct impact.
- Side-impact collisions (T-bone accidents): Occur when the front of one vehicle crashes into the side of another. Often happens at intersections or due to failure to yield.
- Single-vehicle accidents: Involve only one vehicle and can result from factors such as skidding, rollovers, or hitting an object like a tree or a pole.
- Multi-vehicle pileups: Involve three or more vehicles colliding in a chain reaction. Commonly occur on highways or busy roads, especially in adverse weather conditions.
- Side-swipe collisions: This happens when the sides of two parallel-moving vehicles come into contact. Often occurs when changing lanes without proper signaling or checking blind spots.
- Hit and run accidents: Involve a driver leaving the scene of the accident without providing information or assistance. This can occur in any type of collision.
Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can be caused by a variety of factors. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Nassau County and throughout the state of New York include:
- Distracted Driving: Using mobile phones, texting, eating, or other distractions take a driver's attention away from the road.
- Speeding: Driving at speeds higher than the posted limits or too fast for road conditions reduces the driver's reaction time and increases the severity of collisions.
- Reckless Driving: Aggressive and careless driving behaviors, such as tailgating, weaving between lanes, or ignoring traffic signals, can lead to accidents.
- Drunk Driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction times.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather, such as rain, snow, ice, or fog, can make roads slippery and reduce visibility, contributing to accidents.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs: Ignoring traffic signals and stop signs can lead to intersection accidents, often resulting in severe collisions.
- Fatigue: Driving while tired or drowsy impairs a driver's ability to focus, react quickly, and make sound decisions.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven surfaces, and poorly maintained roads can contribute to accidents, causing drivers to lose control of their vehicles.
- Failure to Yield Right of Way: Drivers who fail to give the right of way at intersections or when merging can cause collisions.
- Tailgating: Following the vehicle in front too closely reduces the reaction time and increases the risk of rear-end collisions.
- Ignoring Traffic Signs and Signals: Disregarding road signs, signals, and markings can result in collisions and confusion on the road.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Lack of experience or inadequate training can lead to poor decision-making and a higher likelihood of accidents among new drivers.
- Mechanical Failures: Malfunctions in a vehicle's components, such as brakes, tires, or steering, can lead to accidents if drivers are unable to control their vehicles.
- Vehicle Defects: Defective parts or design flaws in vehicles can contribute to accidents, especially if the driver is unaware of the issues.
Our Nassau County car accident lawyers at Sutton & Smyth, LLP can help you determine what caused your car accident, and who should be held liable for your damages.
Why Choose Sutton & Smyth?
Car accident cases can be complex, and insurance companies are not on your side. They will do everything they can to limit their liability and pay you as little as possible. To recover the full, fair compensation you are owed, it is important to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side. At Sutton & Smyth, we can help you understand your rights and options, and we can handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on your recovery.
When you choose Sutton & Smyth, LLP, you can expect:
- Personalized Service: Our attorneys take the time to understand your needs and goals, and we work closely with you to develop a strategy that meets your unique needs.
- Aggressive Advocacy: Our team is aggressive in our pursuit of justice, and we fight tirelessly for the full, fair recovery you deserve.
- Responsive Communication: We understand that you have questions and concerns, and we are committed to keeping you informed every step of the way. Our firm is responsive, and we are always available to answer your questions or provide an update on your case.
Our team is committed to helping you get back on your feet after a car accident. We will fight tirelessly for the full, fair recovery you deserve, and we will do everything we can to make the process as stress-free as possible.
“Highly recommend! Thank you!”“Daniel was very knowledgeable, super attentive, and quick to inform me throughout the entire process.”- Samantha S.
“I would highly recommend this law firm.”“He continuously updated me throughout the entire process and answered all my questions.”- A. L.
“Thank you so much for listening to us when no one else would.”“Leigh Sutton & Daniel Smyth made sure that his voice was heard and he was compensated to the max!”- Mari K.
“I always felt like I was in great hands.”“My experience working with Dan was working with someone transparent, helpful, and consistent, and I'm really happy I met him when I did.”- Erin R.
“Obtained better than expected results on all cases referred...”“I am an attorney that has referred a number of sensitive cases to the attorneys at Sutton & Smyth, LLP.”- Michael L.
“Daniel made me feel at ease throughout my entire process.”“He is very knowledgeable, super attentive, and quick to inform and respond.”- Catherine M.
“This the law firm for you!”“Very good at his job and I'm beyond grateful and satisfied with the job he's done.”- Dominique McCloud
“I would absolutely recommend them!”“Extremely helpful counsel during a stressful time in my life!”- Kelly P.
$1.7 Million Property Damage Due to Fire
$775K Motorcycle Accident
$750K Ceiling Collapse in Rental Apartment
$585K Bicycle Accident Involving Taxi
$485K Sidewalk Trip & Fall